Many books have been written about the amazing city of Paris, from guide books to history to fiction to children’s books. Although there are too many to list in one place, we present several notable books here.
• Rick Steves’ Paris 2009, by by Rick Steves, Steve Smith, and Gene Openshaw, reviews the best of Paris, from the well-known monuments and attractions to out-of-the-way local favorites.
• Around and About Paris, Volume 3: New Horizons: Haussmann’s Annexation (Arrondissements 13 – 20), by Thirza Vallois, is a valuable series on the arrondissements of Paris.
• Food Lover’s Guide to Paris, 4th edition, by Patricia Wells, is a wonderful guide to the best food establishments by the author of many cookbooks.
• The Cafes of Paris, by Christine Graf, explores the many cafes which are such a pastime in Paris; Graf includes historical notes along with her cafe descriptions.
• Zagat Paris Restaurants and the Michelin Red Guide are the classic guides that offer reviews of the best restaurants and hotels at every price level.